Donor & Community Engagement Officer
Job Advertisement: Donor & Community Engagement Officer
Position Details: Permanent; Full-Time
Application Deadline: May 27, 2022
United Way Halifax is a for-impact organization that brings donors, volunteers, and partners together to create lasting social change. We believe everyone matters and deserves to belong, be safe, and live a life of their choosing. To help, United Way Halifax alleviates and reduces local poverty by funding, partnering, convening, and advocating for solutions.
The staff at United Way Halifax takes pride in bringing people together who have a range of experience, talents, and backgrounds. Our staff share a passion for the place we call home and bring many different skills and strengths to the work we do. Guided by our values of respect, trust, collaboration, adaptability, compassion, and equity, we provide a supportive and flexible work environment filled with opportunity, support, and laughter.
Reporting to the Director, Revenue Development & Donor Engagement, the Donor & Community Engagement Officer executes donor engagement activities across the organization and is responsible for planning and implementing key activities that help key stakeholders understand the needs in community and the impact of their support. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensures the implementation of customized donor and community engagement plans for the organization.
- Leads the execution of events related to donor and community engagement.
- Cultivates strong relationships with community funded partners, understands their needs and seeks opportunities for volunteers and donors to support these needs through the coordination of in-kind donations, the Day of Caring program, and new opportunities that are meaningful to donors and community.
- Helps donors stay informed, understand community needs, and connect to the impact of their support.
- Serves as a confident champion and ambassador for United Way Halifax.
Our ideal candidate gets stuff done! They are energized by working with multiple partners, executing set strategies, and finding creative solutions. They can think creatively, work independently, and proactively solve problems within short timeframes. In addition, they are an engaged team player with an orientation toward service delivery.
- At least two-three years of event coordination/planning, fundraising or sales/relationship-focused work experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Creative thinker, multi-tasker, highly service oriented.
- Experience with public speaking, making presentations and group facilitation.
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office applications.
United Way Halifax is committed to a comprehensive compensation package including salary, pension contribution, health and dental benefits, generous vacation time, professional development and training, flexible work hours and location, and parking/transit pass. The starting salary for this position is $51,000 per year. If you have questions about the role or compensation package, please contact Lucy Hulford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-461-3064.
If this sounds like you, let us know by sharing your resume and cover letter outlining why United Way Halifax and this role could be the right fit for you. Submit your application to email@example.com by May 27, 2022, at 11:59pm (AST).
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs in advance of the assessment.
United Way Halifax is committed to providing a working environment that makes our employees, volunteers, and community safe. Our community to the community means that we must maintain a workplace free of hazards and infectious disease such as COVID-19. As such, United Way Halifax requires all personnel to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Working with us
Our staff are a diverse, committed team, dedicated to their community and to our values of trust, respect, compassion, adaptability, collaboration, and equity. We’re dedicated to providing an inclusive and supportive workplace, opportunities for professional development and growth, and meaningful work that makes a difference in our community. Like a family, we celebrate each other’s milestones and pitch in to help one another when all hands are needed.
If you share our values and are looking for a career where you can help changes lives every day, join us! We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including those in need of accommodations.