Creative Services Coordinator
Advertisement: Creative Services Coordinator
Permanent Full-Time Position
Application Deadline: September 21, 2022
United Way Halifax is a for-impact organization that brings donors, volunteers, and partners together to create lasting social change. We believe everyone matters and deserves to belong, be safe, and live a life of their choosing. To help, United Way Halifax alleviates and reduces local poverty by funding, partnering, convening, and advocating for solutions.
The staff at United Way Halifax takes pride in bringing people together who have a range of experience, talents, and backgrounds. Our staff share a passion for the place we call home and bring many different skills and strengths to the work we do. Guided by our values of respect, trust, collaboration, adaptability, compassion, and equity, we provide a supportive and flexible work environment filled with opportunity, support, balance, and laughter.
Reporting to the Manager, Communications & Marketing, the Creative Services Coordinator is responsible for how United Way Halifax looks, feels, sounds, and interacts with current and prospective donors, partners, media, and the community at large. They are the go-to project manager and advisor on a wide range of efforts and activities designed to inspire, attract, and engage donors, and position United Way as a charity of choice.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Lead the production of external and donor communications produced throughout the year and work with internal and external partners to bring these pieces to successful and timely completion.
• Oversee and manage graphic design needs for the organization, including building and holding relationships with external suppliers, insisting on high quality outputs, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Interview and build relationships with first-voice storytellers, front-line staff, donors and volunteers, and craft impact stories that share their perspectives and celebrate United Way’s role and impact in community
• Project manage digital advertising, marketing, and storytelling campaigns under the director of the Manager and/or working closely with marketing agency partners.
Our ideal candidate has three years of progressive experience moving ideas form concept to execution and effectively strengthening the brand, visibility, and story of an organization. They are digitally savvy and experienced in managing multiple projects. In addition, this candidate has experience working vulnerable populations (in a personal, volunteer, or professional capacity).
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in communications, public relations, marketing or a similar field (or equivalent life experience, self-guided learning and transferrable skills)
- Proven experience with brand management, including a strong understanding of graphic design and print production processes.
- Agency experience considered a strong asset.
- Ability to quickly learn content management platforms and web other systems.
- Process- and efficiency-oriented, with knowledge of or interest in project management best practices.
- Proven experience working collaboratively, including a strong track record of building productive working relationships with a variety of external stakeholders, partners and internal departments/clients.
- Highly skilled in working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Existing connectivity with the local creative community (designers, writers, videographers, etc.) considered an asset.
United Way Halifax is committed to a comprehensive compensation package including salary, pension contribution, health and dental benefits, generous vacation time, professional development and training, flexible work hours and location, and parking/transit pass. The starting salary for this position is $51,000 per year. If you have questions about the role or compensation package, please contact Lucy Hulford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-461-3064.
If this sounds like you, let us know by sharing your resume and cover letter outlining why United Way Halifax and this role could be the right fit for you. Submit your application to email@example.com by September 21, 2022 (11:59pm AST).
United Way Halifax deeply values equity and is committed to ensuring our staff community reflects the diversity of the wider community. We welcome applications from African Nova Scotian people, Indigenous peoples, racialized people, women, persons with disabilities, persons of varied sexual and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. United Way Halifax seeks to maintain its commitment to inclusion and equity and recognizes that increasing the diversity of our staff supports this objective.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs in advance of the assessment.
United Way Halifax is committed to providing a working environment that makes our employees, volunteers, and community safe. Our community to the community means that we must maintain a workplace free of hazards and infectious disease such as COVID-19. As such, United Way Halifax requires all personnel to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Working with us
Our staff are a diverse, committed team, dedicated to their community and to our values of trust, respect, compassion, adaptability, collaboration, and equity. We’re dedicated to providing an inclusive and supportive workplace, opportunities for professional development and growth, and meaningful work that makes a difference in our community. Like a family, we celebrate each other’s milestones and pitch in to help one another when all hands are needed.
If you share our values and are looking for a career where you can help changes lives every day, join us! We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including those in need of accommodations.