United Way Community Fund
Investing in our community’s areas of greatest need – now and always.
Our Community Fund powers a large network of community supports and improves lives locally.
The United Way Community Fund is focused on providing support and creating changes that marginalized people in our community need the most. Many people in HRM were in personal crisis before the pandemic, and their need for meaningful change and ongoing support is still urgent.
When you give directly to the United Way Community Fund, you can trust your donation is being invested in our community’s areas of greatest need. You are providing safe shelter, nutritious meals, crucial connection, dignity, and opportunity to those who need it most.
The United Way Community Fund is a pool of unrestricted funding. That makes it nimble, and allows us to adapt to meet community needs. We use our issues expertise and local knowledge to invest your donation efficiently. Your generosity powers a large network of supports, relief and solutions that our community relies on.
Your trust in United Way means so much.
Reliable, long-term support is critical for community organizations that are building and sustaining programs year-over-year.
Many life-changing community programs are operated by a handful of staff or volunteers. The long-term funding they receive from the United Way Community Fund means they can put their energy where it matters most: on delivering programs and caring for the people who benefit from them.
That’s more time spent making a meaningful difference in people’s lives, and less time worrying about where the next dollar will come from. Now more than ever, this focus is critical.
These 33 organizations run life-changing programs supported by the United Way Community Fund.
- 211 Nova Scotia
- Alice House
- Bayers-Westwood Family Resource Centre
- Bryony House
- Canadian Mental Health Association Halifax/Dartmouth Branch*
- Chebucto Connections
- Chebucto Family Centre
- The Club Inclusion
- East Preston Day Care Centre
- Elizabeth Fry Society of Mainland Nova Scotia
- Fairview United Family Resource Centre
- Freedom Foundation of NS
- Halifax NS Down Syndrome Society
- The John Howard Society of Nova Scotia
- LOVE Nova Scotia
- Marguerite Centre
- Mi’kmaw Native Friendship Centre
- Musquodoboit Valley Family Resource Centre
- The North Grove
- Nova Scotia Sea School
- Out of the Cold – Emergency Shelter
- The Public Good Society of Dartmouth
- Society of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Nova Scotians
- Spencer House Seniors’ Centre
- St. George’s YouthNet
- St. Paul’s Family Resources Institute
- Stepping Stone Association
- Take Action Society
- Veith House
- Welcome Housing & Support Services
- The Youth Project
- Youth Voices of NS Society
- YWCA Halifax