United Way Halifax is committed to protecting and respecting the confidentiality of donor data.
How does United Way Halifax protect donor privacy?
• We do not sell or trade personal information and do not ‘rent’ out mailing lists. We implement security measures to protect your personal information, and we limit access to this information to authorized personnel only.
• We will allow you full access to your information upon request and we will maintain its accuracy in keeping with your instructions. We will dispose of this information safely after the period of time prescribed by law.
• We will not provide or share your personal information with third parties unless we receive permission from the donor or the law requires us to do so.
• We may release or use your personal information for the purpose for which it was provided with selected third parties. When we select third parties, we ensure use of security and privacy standards that are required by law and act in conjunction with our own.
• We will obtain consent to include your name on lists we may publish to recognize donors and donor levels – ex: Leadership Donors
How is personal information used?
Personal information is gathered and used by United Way Halifax to:
• Process and recognize a donation;
• Forward information to a specified agency of the donor’s choice;
• Understand donor interests and demographics;
• Conform to procedures required by law;
• Register your participation at a meeting or event;
• Communicate effectively;
• Build strong relationships; and,
• Meet service expectations.