Courageous individuals, compelling stories and talented songwriters combine to create a memorable performance unlike any other.
Wednesday, October 23
6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Spatz Theatre (1855 Trollope St., Halifax)
Tickets: $20 + fees
This year, Songs of the City will kick off the 2019 Halifax Pop Explosion festival! Five individuals with a personal story about the life-changing support they received from United Way Halifax will be paired with a singer/songwriter, who will write an original song inspired by their strength — and perform it for one night only. Presented by Atlantic Lottery, in partnership with Forward Music Group and Halifax Pop Explosion, Songs of the City will connect music lovers, community members and United Way donors with the talent, true stories and possibilities of our city.
Our courageous storytellers represent a wide range of United Way-funded agencies and initiatives including: Canadian Mental Health Association Halifax-Dartmouth Branch, East Preston Day Care & Family Resource Centre, Elizabeth Fry Society, Stepping Stone and United Way Halifax poverty solutions.
Confirmed songwriters include:
- United Way leader donors: complimentary tickets for you and a guest (email to RSVP)
- Hailfax Pop Explosion wristband holders: free access to Songs of the City
- General public: tickets are $20 + fees (please contact if this cost is a barrier)
OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS AND PARTNERS:
- Atlantic Lottery (Regional Presenting Sponsor)
- Rogers (Regional Leading Sponsor)
- Scotiabank (Regional Leading Sponsor)
- Killam REIT (Local Sponsor)
- Forward Music Group (Production Sponsor)
- Halifax Pop Explosion (Production Sponsor)
- Kwik Kopy Halifax (Print Sponsor)