Relationship Development Officer
Permanent Full-Time Position
Application Deadline: October 27, 2020
United Way Halifax is a donor-funded, community building organization and a local leader in poverty solutions. We believe everyone has the right to belong, have a home and live a good life. We have a long history in Halifax and are part of a national movement that is tackling social issues by harnessing Canadians’ love for their communities.
We are advocates, partners, facilitators, funders, continuous learners and experts in poverty solutions. United Way Halifax raises funds to support community agencies, partnerships focused on systemic issues, and our own initiatives related to issues of poverty, housing and homelessness, and social isolation. United Way Halifax is working toward changing 50,000 lives and achieving the vision of a Halifax that is united by compassion, rich in opportunity, and free of poverty.
Reporting to the Director, Revenue Development & Donor Engagement, the Relationship & Development Officer will develop, grow, and strengthen individual donor and corporate relationships. This individual will serve as lead coordinator for several workplace campaigns and support overall development and fundraising efforts at United Way Halifax.
- Manage corporate and public sector campaigns and build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with key partners, campaigns, and individuals, and provide exceptional support to ensure campaign success.
- Create annual plans and action steps to engage campaigns year-round to secure support and engagement with United Way Halifax.
- Work effectively with other departments of United Way to provide to provide appropriate support and value to partners.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records to track campaign success and business activity, and complete regular local and national reporting.
- Conduct regular volunteer training session virtually and in-person for executive campaign coordinators and other campaign volunteers.
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded professional with exceptional relationship-building and coordination skills. This individual is comfortable presenting in front of small and large groups and possesses a high degree of initiative to drive results. In addition, the candidate is an excellent team-contributor who is excited to learn, grow, and support community.
An ideal candidate’s key qualifications include:
- Post-secondary degree with at least 3-years of progressive experience in fundraising, business development or professional sales or a related relationship-focused environment.
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with public speaking, making presentations and group facilitation.
- Solid understanding of fundraising and/or relationship management software
United Way Halifax is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees. During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs in advance of the assessment.
We thank you for your interest in United Way Halifax. All qualified candidates will be considered; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Late and paper applications will not be accepted.
Applications (resume and cover letter both required) must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 27, 2020 at 11:59pm (AST).
Working with us
Our staff are a diverse, committed team, dedicated to their community and to our values of trust, respect, compassion, adaptability, and collaboration. We’re dedicated to providing an inclusive and supportive workplace, opportunities for professional development and growth, and meaningful work that makes a difference in our community. Like a family, we celebrate each other’s milestones and pitch in to help one another when all hands are needed.
If you share our values and are looking for a career where you can help changes lives every day, join us! We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including those in need of accommodations.